Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Not Forgotten, Just .. Not Home

"Knock knock?"
A voice sounded from outside the door.

I was upside down on my bed, clutching a pillow in front of my face. A drained pepsi can stood on the bedside table, and Pocketful of Sunshine played softly from my iPod speaker. The positive words of the song were starting to get annoying.
"Nobody's home." I said, the words muffled by the pillow.

Chrissa opened the door. "Well, its my room too, either way."
I sat up and took the pillow away from my face. I blinked at Chrissa for a few seconds.
She sat down on the bed next to me and held out her hands, hopeful for a hug.
I simply stood up and pressed the off button on my speakers.
Chrissa's eyes became soft and sympathetic.
She thought I was depressed because I missed my sister.
Hah.
As if she knew.

Nobody knew.
NOBODY BUT ME!
I made a noise of disgust.
Then I realized Chrissa was still here.

"Oh.." I turned around. "Chrissa, can you go?"
She narrowed her eyes. "Fine, if you want it that way."

I stood still, frozen, until she had closed the door behind her.

Then I ran back to my bed, clutched my pillow, and started bawling.


-Erin

1 comment: